Coastal Hospice welcomes any opportunity to speak to any size group.
We are the community’s leading resource regarding the many issues and concerns all individuals and families will face as they help their loved ones prepare for their final months of life.
Presentations are appropriate for any group of any size, including:
- Civic and service groups
- Church groups
- School groups – high school and college
- Medical professionals
- Counseling professionals
- Social service agencies
All presentations are tailored to the special interests or needs of the audience.
Topics include the following:
- What is Hospice?
- The 10 Hospice Myths
- Living Well at the End of Life
- Pain and Symptom Management at the End of Life
- Knowing When It’s Time for Hospice Care
- Therapies in the Hospice Setting – Music, Art and Pets
Support for Families and Friends
- Caring for the Entire Family
- How to Talk To/Support Dying Patients and Their Families
- Stress Management for Caregivers
- Spirituality in End-of-Life Care
- How to Discuss End-of-Life Issues with Your Family
- Understanding Advance Directives
- Community Resources for Terminally Ill Patients and Their Families
Grief and Loss
- Understanding Grief
- Life After Loss
- How to Help Someone Who is Grieving
- Helping Children and Teens Cope with Loss
- Coping with Sudden Loss
- Coping with Grief During the Holidays
Hospice in the Community
- Ethics in End-of-Life Care
- Careers in Hospice Care
- Hospice Education for Students in the Medical Field
To request a speaker, email Community Relations Manager Elaine Bean or call 410-742-8732.