When you choose Coastal Hospice, your care team is built around you. Your unique situation, your wants and your needs direct how we care for you.
Your hospice team:
- Coastal Hospice doctors consult with your doctor to develop the best care plan for you. If you need the hospice doctors, they come to you.
- Nurses look after your care and medications and teach how to care for you to your family.
- Hospice aides help you with bathing and dressing.
- Counselors help you and your family find ways to cope with the effects of your illness, guide you in advance care planning and connect you with the resources you need.
- On-call nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to come to your home.
- Spiritual counselors provide you and your family with guidance according to your faith.
- Volunteers who have the necessary education provide you and your family with friendship, comfort and support.
- Physical and occupational therapists help you maintain strength and safety and find new ways to engage in daily life.
- Medications provide you with symptom control and pain relief and are brought directly to your home.
- Medical equipment, oxygen and supplies are provided and brought to your home.