How the Hospice Team Helps
When you choose Coastal Hospice, your care team is built around you. Which team members visit you and how often will depend upon your unique situation, your wants and your needs.
We provide care in the home, assisted living or nursing facility and at Coastal Hospice at the Lake, our inpatient hospice center.
Your doctor remains an important member of the hospice team. Coastal Hospice also has physicians focusing on palliative care (comfort care) who consult with your physician to develop the best care plan.
Your Hospice team provides these services, which the Medicare Hospice Benefit and most commercial insurance covers:
- Nurses look after your care and medications and teach care procedures to your family.
- Hospice Aides help with bathing and dressing.
- Counselors help you find ways to cope with the effects of illness in your life, aid with advance care planning and connect you with more resources if needed.
- On-call nurses are available 24 hours a day.
- Hospice physicians work with your own doctor to manage care and make house calls as needed.
- Chaplains provide nondenominational spiritual guidance.
- Trained volunteers provide friendship, comfort and support.
- Music therapists promote relaxation.
- Physical and occupational therapists help patients maintain strength or safety and find new ways to engage in daily life.
- Medications for symptom control and pain relief.
- Medical equipment, oxygen and supplies.
For assistance, call 410-742-8732 and ask to speak to someone on our Access Team or email us.
If you have hospice questions, please click here.
For more information about our palliative care program, please click here.